Friday, February 21, 2014

Once upon a time

Once upon a time, in a land not so very far away, I decided to open my own daycare.   Now I cant honestly say I had spent my life dreaming of this, or that I really even wanted to, but when my little angel was placed in my arms for the first time, I knew I would never be able to leave that little baby every day and miss out on her growing up.   Well, that tiny thing has grown into an active five year old and daycare has become my life.   She refers to work days as friends days.   My very first child to sign up for daycare is now her best friend in the whole world.   We have had many kids come and go through our doors.   We have seen the carpet go from beige to more of an array of rainbow colors.   And I can now change diapers quickly, efficiently and have changed diapers almosr every single day since my child was born, even though she was potty trained before her second birthday.   And there are moments I am not sure how I was going to survive the week.   Then are those moments when they just curl up on my lap for another story, or to sing songs, run in the door in the mornings excited to give me a hug, show me their new shirt, that I love.   They get excited over acorns, walnuts and bugs found in the yard and i realize that I am not missing out on living, that God has placed me here for such a time as this.   And now as we are preparing for the next phase of life.,.the school years, questions and concerns and if homeschooling will really work questions are prevalent.   But through it all, we just have to ask for Gods guiding hand to lead us, and to believe that it will. 

1 comment:

hydrogen peroxide said...

that's life. sometimes you will be in an interesting time. but sometimes you will not.