Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It was supposed to be fun....

As a general rule, I try to keep all the kids I'm watching hclppy and not screaming. There are days when that doesn't work too well, especially since several of them are at that teething age and the age where they avoid napping if possible, however the girls I watch are, on most days, very happy go lucky kids. So I thought, it's hot, muggy and we have a sprinkler that was given to us, just sitting around under the porch. A little prepping and all the mommys showed up this morning toting adorable little swimsuits and swim diapers. After lunch everyone got in their swimsuits, happy to be going outside. This is when I should have taken a picture. Happy. We get outside and the four year old and I get the sprinkler set up and she gets ready to run through it. We make sure none of the one year olds (there were 4 of them) were going to get soaked with the initial water spouting. So I turned it on. And evidently the tears and screams of one year olds too because all 4 of them burst into tears and screams. Two of them climbed back into the wagon ready to go inside the other two cried and then found other ways to entertain themselves and still have fun. Emily, eventually went though the sprinkler, once, holding the 4 year olds hand, but she didnt exactly look like she was having fun.

No comments: