Thursday, July 15, 2010

Out of the Ordinary

Ordinary day in my life...try not to knowingly do something stupid that I am positive I will regret later.

Out of the ordinary day...know something is stupid and that I'll regret it later yet I do it anyway. That was Saturday. I was doing yard work. Nothing wrong with that, we had a TREE growing in our raised flower bed against the house (which suprisingly enough once removed I discovered I even had a few flowers!) and a couple cottonwoods (not the best yard tree) that needed some pruning. So maybe July isnt the best time for that but hey, I happened to have free time in July so I did it. Anyway, while pruning the cottonwood, I saw that I had some poison ivy growing. Yes, I am positive it was poison ivy and was even positive it was poison ivy on Saturday when this work was taking place. I've spent my whole life avoiding this pretty little three leaf demon plant. But....Emily was with me and she was "helping" mommy pick up branches. Knowing what poison ivy does to me, I didn't really want to find out if my precious one year old was like her mommy in that respect so without further ado....I just plucked it up and shoved it in my bag getting it out of her reach as quickly as possible. (mental note to self...if bag gets burned, AVOID SMOKE) Then I forgot. Forgot that the wise thing to do would be to go inside, grab the dawn and wash up. By the time I finished my yard work, I had totally 100% forgotten about the poison ivy incident. Fast forward a few days....I have had to take my wedding ring off temporarily because of the pretty little rash covering my finger. I've got a beautiful (yes I'm being sarcastic) line right across teh middle of my forehead, some on my neck and several splotches on my arm. I know it is a good food for wildlife (of which there is very little in my backyard...the robins are happy with worms!) but do you ever wonder why God didn't just make deer love something a little less itchy????

So, this week....I'm going out at naptime for a few minutes with my bottle of poison ivy roundup. I'll win:)

No comments: