Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thud!



That was the sound that woke me up sunday morning, a nice loud thud. Followed my crying "My blankie" really loud. Hmm...that sure didnt sound like a blankie hitting the ground. And yes, she's got caught in the act of trying before so I knew the day was coming, but wasn't really ready for it. Emily was standing beside her bed crying for her blankie that hadn't made the escape with her. So Sunday afternoon her crib was converted into a big girl bed. Sunday night, she got up 4 times carrying 5 blankies and her gloworm each time. (yeah and you try laying down in a toddler bed to get her back to sleep!) So I was tired. MOnday night. She gets up 3 times, carrying all her essentials. Tuesday -- debate over going back to a crib. Decided to give it a week, because I really dont want her falling out of the crib. Tuesday night. Didn't get up until 515 and so we just let her lay down in our bed with us til it was time to get up. This morning. I woke up about 10 minutes before my alarm was to go off (at 6) I heard Emily coughing. Then wait, that sounded too close. When I got up she was sitting on the couch with all her blankies (glowie got to stay in bed this time) drinking from her sippy cup from last night. And so I wonder....how long had she been up? She didnt get into anything and I got to sleep so really I think Im ok with that!


No comments: