Thursday, July 23, 2009

More of my little girl

As I was sitting on the couch watching the kids (I think I was actually feeding one of the babies), the other day I started thinking. There are many choices we make in life that seem right and then a couple months later we question if we had done the right thing. There have been times in life when we wished we could replay and have another shot to do things better. Then there are times like now. I was sitting on the couch with one foot tucked under me and the other dangling down (yes, for you tall people out there my leg was dangling because it didnt reach the floor). I looked at the edge of the couch and little fingers appeared. In just a couple seconds I heard giggling and saw eyes looking over the edge of the couch at me. Yes, Emily is learning to pull herself up. She can pull up to her knees pretty easy now, its getting all the way to her feet that she has trouble with...but I'm sure that will come soon. And then, that same day, one of the babies rolled over for the first time. I questioned whether I should tell the mom, knowing that it is those moments with Emily that I want to be there for, and I am thankful, with absolutely no regrets, that I get to stay home with her every day and see all those little things that mean so much. It seems like just yesterday we were excited she rolled over and now.....she's off! And she likes to try to eat leaves. Maybe she caught some of those edible plant programs before she was born and didnt realize that brown leaves weren't on the menu....















No comments: