Sunday, October 10, 2010

Approaching 2 years

I remember two years ago rather vividly...of course it was a once in lifetime experience, waiting on my little bundle of joy to arrive. And looking back I wanted to say thank you, because 2 years ago I had baby showers....and even though Cameron couldnt figure out why the baby wasnt there to take its shower, it was great. I got tons of stuff....amazed at all one little bitty person could need. Now two years later, we have boxes upon boxes of clothes she has outgrown, and other things that we can no longer use, (however they were important for the time), but there are several special things that I got at baby showers that still get used every day. The laundry hamper that my aunt Doris Ann got for me gets used all the time (currently overflowing with dirty laundry) and has been used every single day since Emily was born, a great idea for a baby gift. Baby wash...a small simple gift, but extremely necessary. I think I made the comment after all the gifts were received I wouldnt need baby wash for quite some time...well...two years later and daily use, I only have 1 1/2 bottles left and 1 bottle left of lotion. I did have to buy shampoo but not because I didnt have baby wash, but because my baby's bundle of hair just wasnt getting clean with the baby wash. And considering how much we have watched our money this past year, it was very nice not having to worry about buying baby soap! And then there were two blankets, a green one that was wrapped around the base plate of a diaper cake, and a pink one, I believe I got from my aunt Sue (and her family) that go EVERYWHERE! Even on the one million and tenth time she gets out of bed in the night. Hooded towels, washcloths, and crib sheets are much appreciated too. So Thank you for the gifts that just keep on giving!

And she is now big enough that shopping with mommy is a fun outing. So as I told you, I scheduled pictures for her and Kendall. And I know she's getting a jumper and shirt for her birthday, but I want these pictures to be perfect and dont want to wait until the last minute to decide on outfit, so yesterday we went picture clothes shopping. I had considered Kohls, Penneys, Sears, even Macys and Dillards to get her clothes and then I made a discovery. There was a huge consignment sale nearby and Saturday was half price day. Worst case scenario....I have to go ahead and go to the other stores. Best case...I find exactly what I am looking for (which I wasnt sure exactly what that was). So off we go in search of bargains (along with hundreds of other mommies in the area) and we make our way to the 3t clothes. "Oh look Emily, this is pretty. And its only $2 today. Do you want it?" "Mama Pretty" Ok so this conversation was repeated sometimes with her finding something, sometimes with me until there were many items hanging from the handle on the stroller. Then we looked at shoes but didnt find any we liked in our size, and found some tights, hair bows and hats that we added to our stash. Success?? I'd say so. I still have no idea what she will be wearing for pictures, but we have lots of choices now, and the great part about every thing being $1 or $2 instead of $20 or $25, I just bought them all:) And still spent less than if I'd just bought one brand new (and they all look brand new). We may do a virtual fashion show later so I can get you opinion, besides I havent actually taken time to post pictures lately and I should cause she is pretty darn cute.

One last bit of warning to all you other mothers of two year olds. The new Karate Kid movie is rated PG, so we settled down to watch it while Emily was still up Friday night. Kendall says that was a bad idea. Since then we have been witnessing 2 year old Kung Fu, with the dog being the recipient.

So long until we get our fashion show under way.....

No comments: