Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Food

It has come to the time of year when all the comfort foods of winter are not what I am wanting to eat. Nice juicy watermelon, BLTs, taco salad, and barbeque are the foods that I want when I get home (not weird pregnancy cravings, just hot all day and those are cool foods). Tonight for dinner I have prepared bacon, tomatoes (don't worry they were grown in a local greenhouse), lettuce and fresh squeezed lemonade. I also have fresh watermelon and cantaloupe in the fridge. So even though it wasnt really hot today but the bacon and tomato sandwiches still sounded good.

Any other good summertime meals you like to fix? Criteria are that it doesnt heat the house up and is easy to prepare, and tastes good after a long day of work in the sun. Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

No comments: