Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birds

Again this year I have a mama robin sitting in the tree next to my front porch. When I looked the other day there was one egg in the nest, but she might have been getting ready to lay more. Last year, there was a nest in that exact same spot...until something came and turned it over, killing two of the three babies. My guess is a stray cat, but I never saw the culprit so I dont really know. I hope this year they make it to fledgling. I'm going to try to get some pictures, but I dont think it is quite light enough outside yet to try this morning, so I'll have to do that later on.

I dont know if there are any nests in my other bird houses or not. I do know that my backyard is extremely muddy so I havent been going out there too much. There were birds drinking from my birdbath (or as Kendall calls it her outside water dish) yesterday.

Whenever we are actually past a freeze I will go ahead and hang up hummingbird feeders. Although it seems like spring and things that come with it like hummingbirds, have been forgotten by the weatherman, the calendar promises they will arrive soon. And yesterday, was nice sunny and "warm". Normally we don't call 50 degrees warm, but I guess, it is all simply a matter of perspective.

No comments: