Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Signs of life

I've given up on spring. But here is something you can do to see that there are still signs of life out there. Here is what I want you to do. Find a watch that you can time one minute on. Do you have it? Ok, now I want you to say the word bop 150 times during that minute. Did you do it? Do you wonder why you did it? Because yesterday we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and it was 150 beats per minute. Sneaky little baby, it was laying where the thingy kept wanting to pick up my heartbeat because it was close to my artery that goes to my leg, the artery that goes to my kidneys, AND the artery that goes to my ovaries, so therefore, my heartbeat was very easy to pick up right there. The doctor kept getting a few beats of the baby's heartbeat and then it would switch over to picking mine up. But after a few minutes, we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat very clearly. So that was my exciting day yesterday. Now, unless I'm going to go to work with the turban look on my head, I need to go do something about my hair.

No comments: