Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eating Cereal

I'm sure most everyone reading this probably remembers that exact moment when they heard about the terrorist attacks. I was eating cereal, watching the today show before classes, my senior year of college. My roommate (and best friend then) had just gotten her cereal and walked out of the kitchen into the living room as the second plane hit the twin towers.

I'm not going to say a lot today, it just seemed like a good time to remind everyone of how thankful we were seven years ago to be an American and how thankful we should still be today. Remember all the people that died in the attacks, but also remember all of our soldiers who have died since the attacks, defending the freedoms that so often we take for granted. I encourage you to do something nice for a soldier today, whether you know them personally or not. It doesnt have to be anything major, for instance, I sold some old kitty stuff on craigslist to a lady who through email I discovered she was a Sargeant in the Marines, so instead of taking her money, I told her she could have the stuff becuase we really appreciated her service. Do something nice, whether it is an email thank you or simply saying thank you to a soldier you see in Walmart. They are why we are free.

In other notes, I know I havent updated the picture in a while, but I will this weekend, I promise! My sister also started a blog of her own....http://blainencameronsmommy.blogspot.com/ check it out and discover why I am the normal one:)

No comments: