Thursday, July 24, 2008

Relatiionships

Have you ever stopped and thought about relationships from your past? For some reason, about halfway to work yesterday, that is what I started thinking about...friends that I no longer stay in touch with. I wonder sometimes what their lives are like, what they are doing, and if they ever wonder what I'm doing. Almost all of my friends that have been really good friends adn there for me regardless of the circumstance, I still at least occassionally talk to (or email!) But then there is that one, that you know you should forgive, you try to forgive and yet you can't really get past what they did to you. Add that to the fact that they seem to want nothing to do with you either and you realize it has been a full two years since you talked to them. And that it was only 2 1/2 years since they were a very close friend. But life has gone on, we all change. And I do have friends that would do anything for me, one from as far back as first grade, one that lives way too far away to have seen in two years but we still frequently talk, and then I have been blessed enough to have a friend that would stop at nothing short of moving mountains for me if needed, and I thank God everyday for our friendship. Of course there is also my husband, my very best friend in the world, that stops at nothing to do things for me just because it makes me happy. No, I can't say I dwell of lost friendships too often, because all I have to do is look around me and realize that I have much better friendships than most people will ever know.

No comments: