Friday, March 28, 2008

The Great Dinner Debate

There is one conversation I can almost guarantee that my husband and I will have daily. As soon as I get home from work he asks, "What's for dinner?" My response, "I don't know, what do you want?" He replies, "What are my choices?" I give him the same list night after night, adding or taking away depending on how desperately I am needing to make a trip to the store, "Spaghetti, chili, tacos, chicken, ham, steak..." Seriously, it never changes. I cook the same things week after week. Usually after the list his response is something like, "Just whatever you want" or "Could you make____?" Something that wasn't even on my list like potato soup. Luckily when he says that, it is usually because he is hungry and has figured out which meals can be made in 30 minutes or less (wouldn't Rachel Ray be proud).

And then there are those days when I dont have to work and we get what I call a "real" meal, complete with something that takes longer than 15 minutes to cook, veggies, the works. I usually have no trouble deciding on a meal on those days because I spend the entire week thinking, I wish I had time to make roast (or lasagna or ham and beans) and am all ready for what I can cook.

Ok, so I know there are several of you that read this, either that or the same person just keeps clicking on it making the counter go up, so if any of you have any great 30 minute meals, I would love to know about them to expand our dinner time options! After all, there is only so much spaghetti one family can eat!

No comments: